Wednesday, March 13, 2013

What I Do With My Tax Return


Software - Save 15% on H&R Block At Home Premium B
Come tax season I see a lot of frivolous spending in the community. Rather than see this as an opportunity to get ahead people see it as unallocated money that they can use for whatever.
Our society makes this seem like the norm, which encourages others to do the same. The reality is, not everyone takes a shopping spree during this time. So I thought I’d share what I will be doing with my tax return.
Step 1: Complete taxes using online software.

This saves me close to $90 instead of having a “tax professional” plug it into this same software for me.

Step 2: E-file taxes and elect to get my return through direct deposit. This ensures I get my money back as soon as possible and reduces the amount of “float” time.

Step 3: Leave money in my interest bearing Loyalty Checking account at 2.05% (http://www.peoplescu.org/) where it generate me more income.

Receiving unexpected money means you can reach your financial goals that much quicker. Take advantage of this opportunity to get yourself ahead. We are still in a recession and every dollar counts.
“But everyone spends their tax return,” is no longer a viable excuse ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment