Thursday, March 14, 2013

How I Made $445 Out of Thin Air in 4 Months (Financial Experiment Update)



Am I magician? No. Am I really good with money? Yes.

Here’s how I did it.



I used a credit card offer to write myself a check for $5000 (This was a balance transfer offer, not a cash advance as the rates are usually better this way)

I put the money into a brokerage account and invested in an Exchange Traded Fund that correlates with the economy (SPY). Then I let it ride.

The overall position is up $605, I subtracted $150 for the 3% fee from the credit card company for the 0% loan for 12 months (5000 x 0.03 = 150). I subtracted another $10 for the commission to make the trade and buy the shares.

*I wouldn’t recommend doing this if you don’t have the money to cover losses you may incur or the time to check your account every few days. Once you have followed my other strategies and have money saved this is a great way to capitalize on some opportunities out there.

It doesn’t take money to make money, but having money makes making money a whole lot easier. So start saving today!

No comments:

Post a Comment