Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cardilly.com - Scam or Deal of the Decade?


When I came across this deal online it seemed too good to be true, then again the best deals usually are pretty unbelievable.  My curiosity got the best of me.  I read the entire website, checked for a few reviews online by searching “Cardilly scam” on Google.  At the time it didn’t seem to be a significant threat, but I wanted to clarify their fine print so I chatted with a live rep to answer my further questions.  After saving a copy of this chat transcript just in case, I went ahead and made a purchase.  I figured the worst case scenario would be that I would need to cancel my order and contact my credit card company to dispute the charge.
Since placing my order I have seen several posts on the message boards such as Fat Wallet and Slick Deals claiming “scam” but I can’t validate these complaints yet as the terms of the site say, “we ask all customers to allow up to 4 weeks for the order to arrive,” as per their FAQ page at http://www.cardilly.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=168.  I don’t blame people for being skeptical, but most of these people offer no factual information to back up their opinions.  I do appreciate the extra digging that went into the Better Business Bureau links and the posted chats with their live representatives.
I have documented my purchases on the site however I am neither posting my order numbers online nor the date of my purchases.  If you were running a scam I’m sure you’d want to send valid cards to the order numbers posted in online complaint forums so that they would state “I received my cards” and give the site more credibility and keep the scam going.  I want to give as objective of an opinion as possible.
The process of the site works as follows:
-You order the cards online at their site.
-You will receive a confirmation email.
-Later on the same day of purchase you will receive another auto-generated message that states your order has been “confirmed.”
-5 days after the purchase you receive another follow-up email that the order was “shipped.”
I can tell you the entire 4 weeks has not elapsed from the time I bought my first card, but I will make a follow up post next week with the results.
Thus far… no card.

No comments:

Post a Comment